Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A wool felted sheep

Flash is leaving in the morning for Oregon!  I miss him already.  He's going for the Burning Bush Festival at Summer Lake w/ some family friends (yes, they have 6 daughters & a baby boy!) for 2 weeks.  The family who is hosting it keeps sheep, so I thought I'd make one out of wool as a little thank you for hosting!
It is bigger & sturdier than the fox I made from the kit, and went much faster.  I used some partially felted wool for the insides & then covered it w/ a nicer more carded wool.  I also added facial features w/ thread - something I haven't done before.  I don't know if I'll do that again though; I don't have a good place for the knots.  HB wants a llama so that's next...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments!

June 2020

Aaaaand we're back! I'm learning to use a Mac so everything is different....pics are scrambled everywhere but here are a couple...