Monday, June 17, 2013

More June Crafts




Yes, brain is coming back - either from littles getting older or the fact that I am challenging myself a bit & learning how to do some new things.  A friend had a baby last week so we made an elephant from one of my old skirts - had to sneak into HB's (Honey Bunches) room to use her sewing machine though ;0)  I wanted it to be pretty babyproof & I don't trust my hand sewing.
first I laid the skirt flat & cut top & bottom at the same time (I freehanded w/ chalk first)


right sides together, just like 7th grade home ec class, pinned

sewing

turning it right side out

done!  Well, I embroidered blue eyes & added her initials on the rear, but mostly done here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments!

June 2020

Aaaaand we're back! I'm learning to use a Mac so everything is different....pics are scrambled everywhere but here are a couple...