Thursday, April 11, 2013

In the beginning....

was the environment....yeah, we had a lot to clear out.  We were actually going down this road awhile before I had a name to put with it but now it's like simplification of everything times 10!  Clothes, toys, food, kitchen items - you name it (thank you, Mr. Becoming Minimalist).  So, the free swaps w/ our homeschooling group have been a blessing, as well as a handy thrift store where I can drop off plastic junk at the back door & pick up nice wooden baskets & containers for pennies from the front door.  It's still a work in progress, but we've come a long way to making our home a calm, relaxing place to live, learn, and entertain.

I guess I should also add in an explanation for my subtitle....I'm still reading up on anthroposophy so I'm definitely not an expert....but I don't agree with a lot of Steiner's views on the world, religion, or child development.  I may write an essay someday outlining my views & how they differ, but for now we'll settle on that & see just how consistent I will be with this blog ;0)  Thanks, HB for getting this up & going!!  Intros to come later, as well as pics when I figure out how.

I've since figured out a few things...here's one of our main playspaces.  We have 2 indoors, really, one upstairs in the dining room (the play kitchen is up there along w/ the train set) & this downstairs.  I added some sheers to two of the bookshelves, and they really help to block out the clutter.  There is also a long table in this room for painting, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments!

June 2020

Aaaaand we're back! I'm learning to use a Mac so everything is different....pics are scrambled everywhere but here are a couple...