Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Random learning activities this past week...most repurposed materials or from yard sales!

These don't really have a category, but I wanted to share them anyway.  I haven't been to many yard sales this summer but I hope to start up again this week....I have a pretty long list of needs for the little mother's day out we're opening next month!

These are made of sturdy cardboard and are just like the wooden pieces you can get for Handwriting without Tears.  I love that program!  I stupidly sold my wooden letters about 10 years ago, so can't get myself to buy them again...these will do ;0)  You can make every capital and lower case letter w/ just these pieces.  I think Tweeters will move right to cursive in first grade, but this is fun and serves it's purpose for now.
Really into chalkboard art right now, on this larger yard sale find and the small HWT board.  The colored chalks are just from a yard sale, too, so not as brilliant as some, but again serve the purpose. 
Jam is loving this geoboard - he doesn't feel like he's really done til ALL 100 rubber bands are on!  Great yard sale find at a retired teacher's house :0)  Came w/ a book, too!

Not from a yard sale, but it was SO delicious I had to take a picture!  Flash the Chef made this for dinner one night...eggplant & zucchini deliciousness with fresh cilantro!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments!

June 2020

Aaaaand we're back! I'm learning to use a Mac so everything is different....pics are scrambled everywhere but here are a couple...