Monday, September 9, 2013

Playdough & veggies

Help!  We're being overrun with produce!  That is a good thing though, just need a bit more freezer space.  I prefer things as raw as possible so I freeze green beans, apples, tomatoes - some to be cooked later, some used in smoothies as is.  SO!  I just dumped a 5 gallon bucket of beautiful green beans into the compost pile b/c it went bad before I could blanche them to freeze...I'm having a bit of guilt about it but I'll get over it. I couldn't give them away - apparently everyone's garden is doing well despite no rain since June.
This grew in our compost pile!


So far we have picked like 28 bushels!  It's a trade - you keep so may of what you pick - so I think we have 5 or 6 bushels of our own

yum! Fresh applesauce for lunch!
We also made playdough about 2 weeks ago - I've been busy with apples & other stuff since Flash left for Oregon so haven't posted much lately.

I like to use wilton icing colors - they are so bright!  I bought these like 15 years ago when I ran the other mother's day out & they are nearly gone!


Jam did stars

Tweeters did angels


We are busily preparing to open Countryside Playschool (countrysideplayschool.blogspot.com) so many preparations are buzzing around that as well.  I would love to lazure the walls before opening day but I don't see that getting done!  Honey Bunches has offered to study up on the topic & get us going - we can always do it after we open.  A work in progress :0)  But it is fun to see things taking shape & the plan coming into action....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments!

June 2020

Aaaaand we're back! I'm learning to use a Mac so everything is different....pics are scrambled everywhere but here are a couple...